We started out Saturday with a short run – it was super short and super slow but it felt really good to get moving. We’re still planning on doing the Fun Run with Fleet Feet tomorrow so that should be fun!
We finally got our Furminator for the cats – OH EM GEE. Seriously we’ve taken off the equivalent of like FOUR cats of fur.
We also had a great dinner out with my old roommate and his wife at Boatyard – one of my favorites
This week I will…
Run 3 days
Do one day of yoga
Complete week 1 of 100 pushups
Also I cooked an amazing meal in my slow cooker last night – about time i busted that bad boy out – too bad I forgot pictures sorry. But take my word for it, this is delicious.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
1/2 onion chopped
1 lb sausage (I used TJ’s sweet italian chicken sausage)
28 oz Italian style tomato sauce (I used the canned stuff from TJ’s)
1 box oven ready lasagna noodles
basil, italian seasoning, oregano, garlic powder (i was out of garlic) and salt
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 pkg mozzerella cheese
1. Cook up sausage (if you have the type with the casings take out of casings to crumble) with onion for about 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix 1/2 c mozzerella cheese, ricotta cheese and egg together beating until well mixed. set aside.
2. add sauce and spices. I add my spices to taste because i’m bad at measuring them. Let simmer about ten minutes.
3. add layer of sauce, noodles. breaking noodles as needed to allow to fit into slow cooker
4. top noodles with ricotta and egg mixture slathering so it’s evenly spread across the noodles. Top with mozzerella and sauce mixture. Repeat three more times.
5. Add last row of noodles top with sauce and mozzerella cheese (i add a lot. others may not so add as much cheese as you want)
6. cook on low for 4 – 6 hours or until noodles are cooked and not burnt. (i burnt mine a little on the side…whoopsy daisy)
I’ve been on a massive lasagna kick lately so now I have leftovers to last pretty much all week for lunch. Hubs is going to be all kinds of pasta’ed out but so worth it. At least for me.
How was your weekend??