In my desire to keep content going on this thing, I’m super inspired by so many blogs today so I’m starting a new feature. Around the blogosphere, I’ve loved the Five for Friday posts because that’s how I’ve learned about some of my favorite blogs – so from here on out, expect to see this as a regular feature! Happy Friday!
- I’ve been racking my brain with what to wear for my CT baby shower next weekend. I have two options right now. After reading this post over on Jaclyn Day (whom I adore. And lives in my town. Why aren’t we besties yet? Sorry, that was creepy.), I ended up picking up the gray Gap dress she featured. Check her blog out for lots of fun fashion inspiration (for yourself and babies! Her little girl is one of the best dressed I’ve seen in the blogosphere!)
- I came across the Pin Junkie thanks to a post over on Young House Love and fell in love after reading this post about trends Pinterest could do without. Not sure I agree (I love glitter! And chevron! and mason jars!), it have had the reverse effect than intended on me. This weekend, I will be thrifting and organizing and spray painting. (Well maybe not all this weekend since I need to spend the weekend resting but thrifting might happen Sunday depending on how I feel). Love blogs that inspire!
- Speaking of organized and inspired, because much of life has been focused lately on getting my ducks in a row prior to baby’s arrival, check out a dear friend of mine’s blog Clean & Proper – she has fun recipes, and dozens of fabulous, easy, organizing tips.
- One of my favorite bloggers who always makes me smile, not to mention one of the most genuine bloggers I follow – Liz from One Twenty Five. Check out her blog for some real life inspiration. Not that other fitness bloggers aren’t inspiration but she’s so flippin’ real about her struggles, not like so many other healthy living bloggers who make it look like “doing it all” (running 6 miles! Fitting in 45 minutes of strength! Eating perfectly! and blogging thrice per day!) look so freakin’ easy. I can’t even eat perfectly (ask me how many times I had a chicken burrito for lunch this week – go ahead. Ask me. I dare you.). Liz? Can we be pals? Even though you live in Aussie? Thx.
- Speaking of blogger crushes – Capitol Hill Style, a DC based fashion blogger (I wish I had her wardrobe. It’s all things classic and stylish. Mostly JCrew!) who talks about keeping fitness resolutions. Her tips are real, nothing we haven’t heard before but from someone who doesn’t regularly blog about fitness, I liked her tips. Be sure to subscribe, but be careful reading her, I often have to make sure my wallet is hidden because the things she posts are just so freakin’ fabulous.
Hubs and I are making more of an effort to eat in, not quite being as successful as we could be but with his whole dedication to keeping his weight off, I’m trying to be supportive and am still always seeking out recipes to try that are easy and healthy.
- I originally got light of tempeh tacos from Beth’s blog but these four ingredient tempeh taco’s are a bit of an upgrade to my standard “grate, add taco seasoning, and cook” method.
- Renee was one of the first bloggers I ever read, and still adore to this day. She shared some of her favorite go tos and I can not WAIT to try her Tikka Masala recipe.
- Another long time favorite blog – the ladies over at We Are Not Martha. This huevos rancheros spaghetti recipe looks preettyyy incredible and easy to boot!
- I saw this one a while ago over on Healthy Tipping Point but pinned it and am going to add it to my menu list for next week, breaded baked tofu? Yes please!
- Amanda is actually a former coworker (manager actually!) of mine and I am dying to try her super easy homemade almond butter recipe. Expect pictures when I finally get around to giving it a go!
Have a little weekend inspiration. Happy Friday!