We’re fifteen days away from baby’s arrival. Can you believe that?! FIFTEEN DAYS!
I’m floored, freaking out, excited and exhausted thinking about it all. Mostly freaking out and excited, but that’s completely normal I assume no?
So I’m going to (try) to do a little mini-series here. The Fifteen days before baby. I’m going to narrow it down to twelve because I don’t want to be obligated to post on the weekends and each of the twelve posts (starting with this one) will be baby related. Today, because I said I would, I’m going to
Twelve Items on our to do list…
1. Clean the house. Like seriously. We’ve been so busy with other things – for me Junior League events, and for hubs he’s been training with the National Guard all week so we’ve just been exhausted that the house has gone a little off the deep end. I’m not sure what the reason is that my husbands gym bag from last week is lying scattered in the middle of our Living Room floor but I certainly don’t like it.
2. Get the carseat checked out. This is a big thing on my to do list next week. There’s a few places around town, I just need to make an appointment.
3. Take a breastfeeding class. I’m actually signed up for one at AAMC. On March 20th. Two nights before baby Schmidt is scheduled to hit the scene. And the night before Adam is scheduled to take the GMAT. Yes, yes, my husband scheduled his GMAT exam on March 20th – before we found out that baby was/is breech. Sooo needless to say, I need to call them and see if I can’t perhaps reschedule that ish.
4. Finish baby’s laundry. I have ONE load left. Granted I washed the NB/0-3/3mo/3-6mo clothes and still have 6 mo/6-9/6-12mo and etc…to wash but I figure I’ll do that as we switch things out.
5. Pack my hospital bag. I have a general idea what I’ll need, and what I need to pack/purchase, but I just have yet to get everything together. Mostly because I plan to live the next two weeks in the yoga pants I’ll be packing. What’s on my list? I’ll share with you in another post but it’s getting there.
6. Get our maternity photos taken. One of my colleagues is taking them this weekend over at State Circle. I’m super excited – she took our outstanding Christmas card pictures, so I know they’ll come out great.
7. Research daycare options. We haven’t done this yet – hubs, being the product of a stay at home mama, has voiced his concerns with daycares, so it hasn’t been a priority. As I’m not going back to work right after “maternity leave”, I figure we can start this nowish and hopefully be ready for me to start looking for new jobs in the late summer/fall. Until then, I’ll be scouring for freelance writing/consulting gigs to bring in some side money.
8. Finish last minute thank you notes. Mine are mostly done, but I have a few more to write up, especially for last weekends baby shower.
9. Pick out announcements and finalize list. We have a lot of announcements to send out so I want to have our announcement picked out, so all we have to do is order. I may even splurge if we order them through Shutterfly who I believe, will just address and mail them out for you. Just to save time
10. Finalize birth plan. A little moot at this point since our cesarean is scheduled but my mother in law still brought up good points – do you want to have a mirror (nope), are you going to play music? (hope to), will Adam cut the cord? (I hope so). Things like that that will still personalize an otherwise…seemingly impersonal procedure.
11. Order breast pump. Hi, in case you weren’t aware, one of the new provisions in Obamacare is that EVERYONE GETS A BREAST PUMP! I called my insurance about a month ago but I need to call and follow up with the medical supplier to actually order one.
12. Cook a few meals. I’ll be doing this next week and the week after and freezing them so that largely for the first few weeks, we don’t have to cook much. My in-laws are coming down the weekend that baby is born and are being super amazing and bringing a few meals down with them, so we’ll have that to get through the first week, then my mom and sister will be here and so really I don’t have to worry about much until week 3 post baby which is kind of nice. But still, I figured I’d cook up a chili in the slow cooker, a pasta dish and maybe some sort of stew to freeze so we can have a few easy meals.
What was on your pre-baby to do list?