One of my favorite things about being preggo (and about getting married) was registering. I mean, I’m the type that loves to spoil surprises and registries are great for that.
But really, especially with first children, people want to help, and they want to help you get what you need.
The top ten things I found that were on most registry must have lists…(but these are all my registry favorites)
1. Stroller – We’re starting with the Snap & Go (Baby Trend but Chicco and Gracco both have their own version) perfect for the infant carrier to fit into and super light weight. The travel system that my sister got for us first didn’t fit well into our trunk since we don’t have a large car, so we exchanged it for this gem which is really perfect.
2. White noise machine – We got this one and another white noise machine for baby, this one is more of a travel one and the other is a white noise machine. I read great things about both so we’ll see which one baby likes better.
3. Aden + Anais Changing Pad Cover - I read nothing but spectacular things about everything Aden + Anais – I especially love their changing pad covers though!
4. Bath tub - We went with the Fisher Price Whale of a Tub. It’s quite possibly too big for our sink (whoops?) but it’s a whale and you really can’t go wrong with anything that’s a whale.
5. Swaddlers - Why learn to wrap a baby burrito when you can just velcro it? Seriously, people who are like BAH VELCRO, well…I ask thee – WHO ARE YOU!? These Summer Infant Swaddlers I suspect will be life savers after late night changings.
6. A Bouncer - I was pretty excited about this since I read so many great reasons why bouncers are necessary. We registered for (and received) the Fisher Price Snugabunny one. Tip: you may also want to register for batteries with this one. 7. Play gym - great for so many reasons, I loved this Skip Hop one the best because of the detachable toys (interchangeable what what??)
8. Hooded towels - Long before we ever got pregnant, I fell in love with these critter wraps from Pottery Barn Kids. They’re super soft and are a great addition to any registry!
9. A carrier - Many people live and die by the Ergo, the Beco or the Baby Bjorn. Because we weren’t sure what was going to work for us and baby, we decided to go with the Infantino ergonomic carrier which seems to be similar to the Ergo but a quarter of the price.
10. Diaper Bag – I love love love the Skip Hop Versa bag – I read rave reviews of these bags, the price was right and I really like that it doesn’t look like a diaper bag. As much as I would love a Kate Spade diaper bag, that unfortunately, wasn’t in the cards for us.
Some of the sites I used to read reviews, see what people loved and hated were HelloBee, Pregnant Chicken, and Lucie’s List. What were some of the favorite things you loved off your registry? Anything else you’d add?